For women and men
Laser hair removal
DIODE laser hair removal, the best way to say goodbye to hair.
- Between eyebrows
- Bikini classic
- Full arms
- Full body with face
- Full face
- Full legs
- Hands & Feet
- Lower back
- Lower legs
- Tummy line
- Upper back
- Upper legs
- Upper lip & Chin
What is DIODE laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is an aesthetic treatment and one of the most popular methods to permanently reduce hair. It is the most efficient, convenient and fastest way. If you suffer from excessive hair growth, folliculitis or simply want to get rid of your body or face hair, laser hair removal is an excellent alternative to other methods. There are many different types of laser.
In Centros Unico we use high power DIODE laser. It’s a medical laser suitable for all skin types. You will see a difference after each session: less hair, smoother skin.
b Do you want to give this treatment?
0% Finance available subject to status. Ask centre for details.
- It’s cheaper in the long run - Compared to regular waxing and the cost of razors Laser Hair Removal is the most cost effective method of hair removal
- Hair free - Up to 90% permanant hair reduction
- It’s quick - Sessions take from 15 minutes
- Works on shaved areas - You don’t have to struggle with regrowth during your treatment cycle
- Safe and effective - Thanks to the best available technology
- Say goodbye to ingrown hairs - Laser Hair Removal doesn't cause them
- Reduces skin irritation caused by other hair removal methods
- Suitable on all skin types
- Smoother skin
- Virtually pain free
DIODE lasers' technology
Thanks to the latest technology in high power DIODE laser hair removal, laser machines such as the Lightsheer Duet or the Omnia Lumen, allow you to get your hair removed with maximum safety all year round.
Until now there was not a sufficiently safe technology to treat the sun exposed skin. Thanks to the newest equipment this is now possible as the laser is applied in a concentrated, precise and localised way on the hair and not on the skin.
Although it is possible to perform DIODE laser hair removal in summer, you should always follow our therapists’ recommendations and advices in case of sun exposure.
To get started we provide a free consultation where we can talk though all the questions that you might have. A skin sensitivity test will be carried to determine the treatment suitability and gauge the right setting to ensure maximum results.
The DIODE laser emits near infra-red light that is consumed by the skin pigment based in the hair follicle. The laser is pulsed for less than a second, enough for it to simply damage the follicle and prevent the hair from growing back. During this process, many follicles can be treated simultaneously – as a result the treatment is much faster compared to traditional lasers. After the session a restorative cream is applied to soothe and moisturise the skin. It is common to notice a slight redness or swelling of the treated areas. It is a sign that the treatment has been effective. These effects will disappear in about 72 hours.
Some darker or tanned skins may experience small blisters that will disappear in a few weeks. The frequency between sessions will depend on the treatment recommendation the desired end result. The sessions last between 20 and 40 minutes on average and allow immediate return to the day to day life without any significant discomfort.
Before the treatment:
- Deeply hydrate the skin, minimum three days, with Centros Unico’s post-laser cream.
- We do not recommend immediate treatment in case of sun exposure or UVA rays. Minimum 2 weeks wait and patch test is required after sun exposure.
- Do not wax or thread the areas to be treated one month before treatment. You can shave the body area, except the face. The latter will be shaved by the laser operator on the same day of your treatment.
- Do not apply self-tanning products the week before treatment, nor discolor the hair to be removed at least 15 days before your appointment.
- Have clean skin and wear no make-up the day of your treatment.
- Do not use cosmetics containing glycolic or retinoic acid three days prior to treatment, nor apply deodorant before or after the session.
- If the skin has melasma or a tendency to hyperpigmentation, use a local depigmenting agent during the two weeks before the treatment.
- If you suffer recurrent cold sores (more than once a month), warn your therapist to start the preventive treatment the day before the session.
After the treatment:
- Use protective cream to keep the skin hydrated.
- Avoid inflammation of the treated areas by avoiding application of other cosmetic products that contain alcohol.
- Do not exfoliate or rub the depilated area with exfoliating gloves or similar.
- Do not perform hair removal methods after the session.
- Avoid intense sun exposure or UVA rays during the first 7 days after the treatment.
- If any redness, inflammation or changes in skin color appear, visit your local clinic for consultation. Do not self-medicate.
- Do not perform physical exercises, visit swimming pools or saunas for at least 24 hours.
- Do not use hot water for at least 24 hours.
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- People with immunosuppressive disorders (tumors, HIV, etc.).
- People with active skin infections (herpes, varicella, impetigo, etc.).
- People with disorders followed by significant deterioration of the state of health (fevers).
- People suffering from cancer or following a cancer treatment.
- We discourage hair removal of areas near the eyes so to avoid eyeballs being reached by the laser beam and the subsequent impact of this on the iris or the retina.
- We also advise against carrying out the treatment on mucous, inner ear and nose areas, as well as those with tattoos.
- Sun exposure and tanned skin. However, always advise your therapist before performing your session.
- If you have darker or black skin. You can still have the DIODE laser hair removal treatment.
- If you have been diagnosed with psoriasis. It is not a problem if you are in an inactive situation.
- If you are taking photosensitizing medications.
- If you are taking other medications ensuring a skin sensitivity test is done prior to the treatment.
- Neurological conditions, such as epilepsy.
- If you are taking hormonal contraceptives.
- If you have a pacemaker.
- In case you have undergone a transplant.
Book a Free Consultation
Call us now on 0333 311 0340 or request a booking below.
Unico Post-Laser Creams
Body and facial post-laser creams from Centros Unico are specially formulated to help keep your skin hydrated and nourished before, during and after the treatment, making it more effective and less annoying for you. You can use them daily as part of your facial and body care routine. We recommend using them to prepare your skin before each laser hair removal session as well as after the session so to repair and regenerate your skin, hence avoiding small discomforts or occasional redness.
They are formulated for all skin types, even the most sensitive ones and provide extreme softness. Get your cream at your local clinic for a whole new smoother you.
Frequently asked questions
How many sessions are necessary?
The duration of the treatment will be outlined according to the type of hair, area to be treated and the specific needs of each patient.