A more youthful appearance
Over time our facial expressions contribute to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The elimination or mitigation of facial wrinkles is still solved by the use of botulinum toxin type A, approved more than 20 years ago and it is still recommended for facial wrinkles.
What is Wrinkle Reduction?
The application of botulinum toxin type A relaxes the facial muscles, smoothing wrinkles and preventing them from forming new ones, offering a more youthful appearance.
Centros Unico doctors, specialists in aesthetic medicine, complete all our wrinkle reduction treatments. They inject Botulinum toxin type A solution into the area to be treated. Specific muscle contractions cause wrinkles and these are blocked by the solution and relax the features thereby preventing further ageing looks to the skin. The treatment is virtually painless.
Prior to treatment, avoid medicines with an anticoagulant such as acetylsalicylic acid and avoid drink stimulants such coffee, tea or alcohol.
Immediately after the session and more so three days later you start to see the results. These are very natural and usually last 3 to 4 months. You will see a more relaxed and youthful you.
- You must remain upright for four hours after the treatment and avoid lying down.
- Avoid blood thinning medicines and food or drink with vasodilatory effects.
- Avoid sun exposure and use sunscreen.
- Some small bruises may occur after the session and they disappear within a few days.
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding
- Hypersensitivity to botulinum toxin type A
- Active skin infections
- Myasthenia gravis or Lambert Eaton syndrome
* Not all aesthetic medicine treatments are available in all centres.
Other related treatments