A Skin Lightening, Anti-Acne and Luminescence Treatment -
What are chemical peels?
Chemical peels, normally an acid, are applied to prepared skin to eliminate surface layers of dead skin cells. We can treat the after-effects of acne, sun spots, and shallow wrinkles; we will also improve baggy eyes and give your face more sheen and luminescence.
The duration of a treatment will vary depending on the type of skin peel but it's usually somewhere between 10 and 30 minutes. During the peel you may feel a slight itching sensation that's usually easily tolerated.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or any UV ray treatments two weeks prior to the treatment.
The skin will peel for a few days after the chemical peel treatment (often imperceptibly), giving way to a new layer of softer skin, albeit sometimes with a redness that will disappear progressively. Smoother, more hydrated skin is the result. Skin marks and blemishes are reduced or disappear and the skin is more luminescent.
Full List of Advantages - why have a chemical peel treatment?
- Treat wrinkles caused by ageing or sun damage
- Lessen the fine lines around the mouth and eye areas
- Treat various types of acne
- Reduce freckles or age spots
- Lighten the skin
- Soften the look and feel of the face
After the treatment follow the recommendations of the doctor, apply sun cream to prevent hyperpigmentation and to keep the skin hydrated.
- Serious illness, including those affecting the heart, kidneys or liver
- Pregnancy or breast-feeding
- Hormonal therapy with oestrogen and/or progesterone
- Recent facial surgery
- Allergic reactions to any of the substances used
* Not all aesthetic medicine treatments are available in all centres.